Complete Prices For Holland Clinic's Albuquerque, New Mexico Medical Weight Loss Program
A Note About Price:
A frequent question asked of us by prospective patients runs something like this: 'what's the catch? Why are your prices lower than other similar weight loss programs in Albuquerque?'
The short answer is that there is no catch. Since 1991, we have been committed to offering patients the very highest level of care at affordable prices.
There are other excellent physician-staffed weight loss clinics here in Albuquerque but in some instances they may be more expensive than our program. Obviously price should not be the only criterion used to choose a weight loss program and with that in mind, we encourage you to carefully review the information presented here on our website and to call us directly if you have any further questions about the care we offer. At any rate, our prices are listed below and there really is no catch. There are no hidden charges.
Price for FIRST VISIT (including first four weeks on program):
Normally: $199 + tax
First visit price applies to
- New patients: people whom we have never seen before
- "Renewing Patients": former patients to Holland Clinic whose last visit was more than two years ago
First Visit Price Includes:
- Weight-oriented medical history and "clothing-on" physical exam from Dr. Holland
- Laboratory blood testing consisting of
- Complete blood count with differential
- Blood chemistry profile with lipids and cholesterol fractions
- Printed guide to Holland Clinic's medical weight loss program
- 90 minute group talk with Dr. Holland and about 5-15 other new patients covering nutrition, exercise, weight loss medications and more
- 28-day supply (dispensed directly to you by Dr. Holland from our office) of
- Prescription weight loss medication. Usually includes either
- Dr. Holland will only prescribe weight loss medications to patients for whom there are medical reasons to lose weight. Generally this means either having a body mass index of 30 or more OR having a body mass index between 27 and 30 AND having a weight-related medical condition.For more information about this, please consult the following: Do You Qualify for Medical Weight Loss?
- If Dr. Holland cannot treat you, we will NOT charge you
Prices for Followup (Second and Later) Visits to Holland Clinic's Albuquerque, New Mexico Medical Weight Loss Program
$70-$110 per 28 days
- Any and all medications dispensed to you by doctor Holland
- Your visit with Dr. Holland
Base Price or "Program Fee" (Cost BEFORE Medication):
-$49 per month of active participation in the medical weight loss program
"Active participation" means, essentially, pre-medication charge. In other words, if you come to the office and Dr. Holland dispenses to you a prescription weight control medication, the charge will be $49 PLUS a charge for that particular medication. BUT, on the the hand, if you take a break from participating in our weight loss program for, say, three months, and then you return at the forth month, your "program fee" will still only be $49. You will NOT be charged a "program fee" for the months when you were not participating in the program. This may sound obvious, but some weight loss clinics charge people even when they don't come.
Followup Visit Medication Charges
Your total charge for followup visits (visits after your first visit) will include the $49 program fee AND a charge for the particular kind, dosage and amount of prescription weight loss medication that Dr. Holland dispenses to you. The exact charge depends upon the medication and is directly proportional to the price we pay our licensed drug distributor when we purchase those medications.
Generally, the medications will cost you between about $21 and $61 per-28 days.
For most patients, particularly those who are new and taking lighter dosages, the charges will fall at or only slightly above the $21 mark.